We are a family owned and operated Wanaka business with a strong focus on providing personalised scenic helicopter experiences for our clients.
Why Fly with Us?
• Our modern hangar and helicopter fleet are located at the gateway to the Mt. Aspiring National Park – maximising your flight time over stunning scenery.
• Your safety, comfort and enjoyment are our #1 priority. All of our pilots are highly experienced.
• All of our scenic flights include personalised, interesting and engaging commentary. We are very proud of our backyard!
• You can talk to your pilot throughout your trip!
• All our scenic flights include remote, high altitude landings, for photos and memories you will never forget.
From humble beginnings to a modern state-of-the art helicopter hangar and a thriving business…
Aspiring Helicopters was formed in 1995 by High Country Farmer Charlie Ewing. Charlie purchased his first helicopter and learnt to fly with a plan to use for farming.
In true Kiwi style Charlie started to help out wherever he was needed – he ran the odd tourist into Mt Aspiring National Park, provided local scenic flights, helped out with Search and Rescue and also did the obligatory sheep mustering by helicopter on the farm.
His daughter Alex and partner James Ford then took over the helicopter business, grew the scenic flights and moved into a purpose built state of the art hangar located on Cattle Flat Station, a 25 minute scenic drive from Wanaka.
The company now operates four helicopters, employs three full-time pilots and a full time office manager. Client reviews speak to the skill and professionalism of the pilots, the friendly approach of the office team and the incredible scenery of our backyard.
Work varies from scenic flights and commercial/adventure jobs in the summer to heli-skiing in the winter. No two days are the same for the team here and we have a hands-on can do approach. If you have an idea get in touch, we just might be able to make it work for you!
Our Helicopter Fleet
Aspiring Helicopters operates Squirrel B2 and B3 helicopters which are maintained and housed in our modern hangar.
We are proud to operate with a 100% safety record and all our pilots are CAA certified.