Mount Cook Scenic Flight
• Fly along the backbone of the Southern Alps
• View Aoraki/Mt. Cook - New Zealand's highest mountain!
• Includes alpine / snow landing
• This trip is on demand only - please enquire directly with us.
On this outstanding Mount Cook scenic flight, fly along the backbone of the magnificent South Island. First, departing from Wanaka the tour will cross to the spectacular Aoraki/Mount Cook, New Zealand’s highest mountain. View hidden glaciers, blue ice and towering mountain peaks.
At 3,754 m Aoraki/Mt Cook sits amongst many other mountain giants. These peaks soar above 3000m and make up the famous, snow capped Southern Alps. View the Mackenzie Basin, with its jaw-droppingly beautiful turquoise lakes and alpine scenery. This area is also home to the world’s largest sky reserve and the Mount John astronomical observatory.
An alpine/snow landing is included on this scenic helicopter tour. Please enquire directly with us for flight options and pricing. You can also include this itinerary as a scenic helicopter charter flight.
- Flat soled, covered shoes
- And of course a camera!
- Note: we have a no drone policy
We also recommend insect repellant if you are travelling to Milford Sound.
- All current website pricing is valid until 30th September 2022
- All flights require a minimum of two paying adults to go ahead.
- Child rates are valid for 4 – 14 years.
- 3yr and under are free of charge provided they can sit on a parents’ lap
- Individual passenger weights are required at the time of booking
- You must reconfirm your flight booking on the day
- Flights go on demand subject to weather. We are happy to reschedule subject to availability
- We operate six days a week Monday – Saturday
- We have a general 48 hr cancellation policy should your plans be disrupted
- Last minute Covid Cancellations do not incur a fee i.e. if you are unable to travel due to Covid related restrictions
- During NZ Covid Traffic Light system – from 4th April vaccine passes will not be required.